Kaduna International School started as Aisha Mohammed International School in 1985. The school is a fully accredited International School belonging to AISA and COBIS. KIS has been running a dual curriculum: British National and Nigerian, since inception. Facilities include a well-stocked library, art and design studio, ICT suite, WIFI access points, playground, football pitch and basketball court all set in beautiful and serene surroundings.
KIS is an Educational trust therefore a non-profit organisation. The school supports less privileged local schools with donations and collaborations all in a bid to provide excellent education for the children in the community. The affairs of the school are decided by the board of trustees run the school in conjunction with the school Head Teacher and Administrator.
The school aims
The School aim to:
- List item longer description.
- Recognise that each child is a distinct individual requiring individual consideration in order to receive an education developing his/her individual capabilities to the highest possible degree over an optimum period of time.
- Provide a curriculum which:
- Promotes high levels of literacy and numeracy
- Interests and challenges
- Promotes understanding of concepts and skills
- Promotes an ability to reason
- Promotes individual creativity
- Stimulates a desire for learning now and in the future
- Develop the children‘s awareness of, and respect for, their own and other cultures
- Develop positive attitudes to self and others
- Ensure that all children feel happy and secure in school
- Develop an awareness of the importance of protecting our natural environment
- Develop an awareness of the importance of fitness, good health and hygiene